Ambassador Hotel

Located at 2 Sydney Street, Mackay.  Located on the western side of Sydney Street, between River and Victoria Streets, Mackay.
The original Tattersall's Hotel was destroyed by fire on Sunday, 30 July 1936.
The Current building built in 1937, was closed as a hotel in the mid 1990's and was known as the Spotted Dick Bar. It later changed names to JT's bar and grill. It was reopened as he Ambassador Hotel in 2005.

Ambassador Hotel on extreme right circa early 1950's. 

Looking south down Sydney Street with Ambassador Hotel on right. Circa 1960's from contemporary postcard
 


Ambassador Hotel October 2004 (Glen Hall collection)

List of Publicans

1938 Esme P. AZAR (QPOD)
1939-1941 Mrs Mary Azar (QPOD)
1942-1946 J.H. THOMPSON (QPOD)
1947 Lionel E. LIST (QPOD)
1949 J.H. THOMPSON (QPOD)

     


If you can supply any further information or photographs on the above please contact us by EMAIL. 

Glen Hall


Glen Hall 2001-2017.
page created 1 February 2009.
last updated 19 July, 2017 .
Site maintained by
Glen Hall.