[COMMITTEE MEMBERS] | [CONTACT
INFORMATION] | [HISTORY OF THE SOCIETY] | [LINKS]
MUSEUM] | [MEETINGS] | [MEMBERSHIP]
| [RESEARCH ENQUIRIES] | [MACKAY
HISTORY RESEARCH LINKS]
Welcome to the Homepage of the
and Museum Incorporated.
The Mackay Historical
Society was formed after a meeting of a group of Mackay District citizens with
an interest in preserving the unique history of the region.
The aims of the society
- The study of the history of Mackay and
- The collection and preservation of
written and printed records of all kinds, and the preservation of other
materials of historical interest or value.
- The publication of historical documents
and early records of general public interest.
- The publication of Bulletins or
proceedings of the Society.
- The inspection, indexing and collating of
public records and registers.
- The identification and marking of places
of historical interest, and their preservation.
- The raising of funds by public
subscription or other means for any or all of the preceding objects.
The society has active interest in the
running of Greenmount Historic Homestead as well as the new Mackay Museum.
The Society holds meetings on
the first Saturday of each month at 2.00pm. No meetings are held in December and January.
They are held in the museum
building in Casey Avenue, South Mackay. The museum building is located
between the Respite Centre and Leisure Court.
Bring along along a plate of
goodies for afternoon tea after the meeting for our meet and greet session.
- Postal Address:
Po Box 1349, Mackay QLD 4740.
- Location: 4 Casey Avenue, South Mackay, QLD 4740. (Mackay Museum)
- Phone Number:
(07) 4953 0002
- Fax Number:
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
© Mackay Historical Society and Museum
created 1 March 2003.
last updated 05 April 2014
Site maintained by