Searle's Cordials - Sarina

c. 1945 - ?


Albert Charles Edward (Bert) Searle purchased his business in c. 1948 from Jack Binnington who was later Mayor of Mackay.

Bert had previously had a bakery at 140 Wood Street, Mackay which he had owned with his father for many years.

After selling the cordial factory he operated the Peckers Peanut Distribution which as located behind the C.H. Austin store in Malcolmson Street ( which was located diagonally opposite the present Pioneer Swim Centre).

He developed this business with other agencies into the wholesale distribution business of Searle and Son, which was established on the site of the previously operated bakery at 140 Wood Street.

The Goodes family purchased the softdrink business from Bert Searle in January 1950

Source:

Doug Petersen, Bucasia.

Daily Mercury, 12 January 1950, page 6.


If you can supply any further information or photographs on the above please contact us by EMAIL  
Glen Hall


Click here to go back to the Mackay Softdrink Manufacturers Home page | Click here to go back to the Research Links page


Glen Hall 2001-2017.
created 09 June 2008.
last updated 19 July, 2017 .
Site maintained by Glen Hall.