|Builder||Borsig (August Borsig Lokomotiv-Werke), Tegel , Berlin, Germany.|
|Cylinders||150 x 300|
|Mill First Used at in Mackay||Cattle Creek|
|ID Number or Name||"No. 3", "ROBBIE BURNS"|
|Fate||Stored at Australian Narrow Gauge Railway Museum Society (ANGRMS), Durunder Railway, Woodford, Queensland|
This locomotive was originally purchased for use on the Stannary Hills Mining & Tramway Co. tramway near Irvinebank in Far North Queensland. It was used to carry ore to the State Treatment Works at Irvinebank. The works also known as Loudon Mill crushed tin ore from around the district. It was apparently the last loco to work there until the lines were dismantled in 1940.
It was purchased by Cattle Creek Mill in 1942 and converted to a tank locomotive. It was rebuilt in 1946 and returned to service until 1962. It was then placed in storage at Cattle Creek Mill until in 1971 it was donated to the Australian Narrow Gauge Railway Museum Society (ANGRMS). It was moved to the Society's site at Durundur Railway at Woodford in 1983.
The Borsig locomotive
hauling whole stick cane into the mill yard in the 1950's.
The Borsig at Finch
Hatton decommissioned. 2 November 1966.
John ; various emails
Australiansteam.com. (2018). Preserved Steam Locomotives Down Under - Borsig 6435. [online] Available at: http://www.australiansteam.com/Borsig6345.htm [Accessed 3 Feb. 2019].
Browning, J. (1993). Cane tramways and locomotives of the Mirani Shire. Mirani, Qld.: Mirani Shire Council.
Kerr, J. (1991). Top
Mill in the valley.
1st ed. Brisbane, Qld.: Mackay Sugar Co-operative Association Ltd.