|Builder||Bundaberg Foundry Engineers Ltd., Bundaberg, Queensland, Australia|
|Cylinders||10 x 14|
|Mill First Used at in Mackay||Pleystowe|
|ID Number or Name||"No. 5", "BUNDY"|
|Fate||In working condition located at Australian Narrow Gauge Railway Museum Society (ANGRMS), Woodford, Queensland.|
John Fowler & Co of Leeds in England ceased building steam locomotives after 1935. As the Fowler locos proved to be of a robust design and good steaming qualities, the Bundaberg Foundry applied to build the locomotives under licence. These were known in the sugar industry as the "Bundaberg Fowlers".
This example was the 5th built in a production run of 8 locomotives. It was sold to the Pleystowe Mill however had a short career due to the introduction of the diesel locomotives in the 1960's.
It was donated to the Australian Narrow Gauge Railway Museum Society (ANGRMS)in 1971 and was transported for storage in Brisbane. It was restored to working order in 1978 and moved to Woodford in 1979.
The Locomotive currently runs tours on
the Durundur Railway and has been used on other 2 feet gauge lines in
Queensland for commemorative tours.
Pleystowe Sugar Mill,
Mackay Bundaberg Foundry No. 5. 20 April 1963.
"Bundy" stopped at
the station after a train ride on the Durunder Railway at Woodford.