Koumala War Memorial

Location: Bull Street, Koumala
Local Government Authority: Sarina Shire Council.
Year Constructed: circa 1958.
Type of Construction:   Concrete with Marble insert and cross on top.   
War: All
Names: no names recorded.
History:  The Koumala War Memorial  was dedicated on 18th April 1958.  A large contingent of troops training on Koumala Range took part in a very impressive ceremony.
Information Sources: Historical Review of Koumala and District 1859-1974, (1974), compiled by Koumala Presbyterian Women's Guild
Transcription: ERECTED BY
THE CITIZENS OF
KOUMALA & DISTRICT
IN MEMORY OF THOSE WHO
MADE THE SUPREME SACRIFICE
IN DEFENCE OF THEIR COUNTRY

 

Koumala Memorial southern aspect, 1994. 
( Glen Hall Collection)

 


If you can supply any further information or photographs on the above please contact us by EMAIL.
Mackay Historical Society


Click to return to Research Links Home Page Click to return to Mackay District War Memorials Home Page


Mackay Historical Society and Museum Incorporated 2001-2008.
created 20 April 2004.
last updated 25 April 2008 .
Site maintained by Glen Hall