|Builder||Baldwin Locomotive Works, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America.|
|Cylinders||9 x 12|
|Mill First Used at in Mackay||Marian|
|ID Number or Name||"512",|
|Fate||Scrapped in 1961.|
Built in 1916 for the British War department for use on the Western Front in France and Belgium during World War One. After the war was stored as war surplus material in various places around the United Kingdom. Many were sold overseas after the war.
locomotive arrived in Marian in 1924. The Baldwin locos were difficult
to maintain and it was replaced by diesel locomotives around 1956-1957
and by 1961 had been scrapped.
Baldwin No. 412 at Marian Mill circa 1958 (John Browning Collection courtesy Lang Harvison)
Browning, John, various
Browning, J. (1993). Cane tramways and locomotives of the Mirani Shire. Mirani, Qld.: Mirani Shire Council.