|Builder||Hunslet Engine Company, Hunslet Leeds, Yorkshire, England.|
|Cylinders||9 1/2 x 12|
|Mill First Used at in Mackay||Cattle Creek|
|ID Number or Name||"WD 328", "No. 2",|
|Fate||Scrapped after 1963.|
Formerly a former British War Department Light Rail surplus locomotive, it was built in 1916 to service the trenches along the Western Front in World War 1.
It was bought by the Hunslet Engine company in October 1924. It was rebuilt and sold to the Engineering Supply company of Australia (ESCA) in Brisbane and purchased by the South Johnstone sugar Mill in Far North Queensland.
It was purchased by the Cattle Creek Mill in 1957 as "No. 2". In 1963 it was taken out of service and placed in storage. This was a loco chassis obtained following the collision involving 1229
In 1974 it was donated to Australian
Narrow Gauge Railway Museum Society, Durundur Railway, Woodford and
was moved to Brisbane for storage.
In 1983 it was finally moved to Woodford.
Browning, John. various emails.
Kerr, J. (1991). Top
Mill in the valley.
1st ed. Brisbane, Qld.: Mackay Sugar Co-operative Association Ltd.