|Builder||John Fowler & Co., Leeds, Lancashire, England|
|Cylinders||10 x 14|
|Mill First Used at in Mackay||Marian|
|ID Number or Name||"No.5", "Marian No. 9"|
|Fate||Stored at a private site at Boldon, near Mirani, Queensland.|
This loco was delivered to Marian Mill
in 1934. It was fitted with a new boiler in 1949. By 1981 it was
out of service and in storage. It was purchased by John Soper in
1983. It is still owned by the Soper family. In 2018 the writer spoke to
the current owner who advised the locomotive is in process of being
restored and is currently disassembled.
Builders photo of the John Fowler Loco. 1934 (coutersy www.leedsengine.info accessed 28 October 1919)
Fowler No. 20277 with
trucks of wholestick cane at Marian Mill. 3 November 1966.
The Fowler with a rake of bins for the Marian Mill possibly late 1960's.
BROWNING, John ; various emails
Browning, J. (1993). Cane tramways and locomotives of the Mirani Shire. Mirani, Qld.: Mirani Shire Council.