|Builder||Krauss Locomotive Works, Munich, Germany.|
|Cylinders||145 x 260|
|Mill First Used at in Mackay||The Palms|
|ID Number or Name||"No.4", "No. 5", "PAW PAW"|
|Fate||Scrapped after 1965.|
This locomotive was delivered to the Mount Lyell Mining and Railway Company in Tasmania as "No. 4." In 1911 it was purchased by the Australian Estates & Mortgage Company for the Palms Mill. When the Palms Mill closed it was transferred to Pleystowe Mill in 1924 as "No. 5." In 1953 it was transferred to Farleigh Mill and given the name "Paw Paw". In 1956 was sent to Cattle Creek and in 1965 was placed in storage. It was was scrapped sometime after.
The original Builders Plate salvaged from the Paw Paw when it was scrapped.
|References||Browning, John, various
MacDonald, B. (2000). Krauss Locomotives in Australia A close look at their characteristics and an overview of their migrations. [online] Lrrsa.org.au. Available at: http://www.lrrsa.org.au/LR153_10_18.pdf [Accessed 2 Feb. 2019].